Movie Moments: Classic Movies, Classic Movie Scenes, Classic Movie Quotes, Classic Movie Images.
Welcome to Movie Moments, a site dedicated to movies, old and new. We take a look back at some of our favourite movie scenes and favourite quotes from great movies. It's not just about superb dialogue, although many of the scenes here are built on the finest words ever to enter a screenplay. It is also about what these scenes envisage, the setting, the time, the one choice phrase that defines a moment in film history. Each week we also review a top movie book. We have a huge range of movie posters for sale and we have FREE classic movie wallpapers for you to download to your your computer. Please contact us with any questions you have, or just to say hello.




Drama : American Beauty

Lester Burnham(Kevin Spacey) becomes intrigued by a young girl named Angela, and this fascination sparks him to make some major changes in his life. He relishes these changes, much to the exasperation of his wife Carolyn (Annette Benning). In this scene Lester is quitting his job and determines to find out from his boss Brad, what kind of "golden handshake" the company will give him.



Click here for "American Beauty" DVDs, Soundtracks and Books

INT. BRAD'S OFFICE - DAY
Brad is seated behind his desk, reading document. Lester sits across from him, smiling.

BRAD
(reads)
"...my job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off, while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble hell."
(looks up at Lester)
Well, you obviously have no interest in saving yourself.

LESTER
(laughs)
Brad, for fourteen years I've been a whore for the advertising industry. The only way I could save myself now is if I start firebombing.

BRAD
Whatever. Management wants you gone by the end of the day.

LESTER
Well, just what sort of severance package is "management" prepared to offer me? Considering the information I have about our editorial director buying pussy with company money.


LESTER (CONT'D)
Which I'm sure would interest the I.R.S., since it technically constitutes fraud. And I'm sure that some of our advertisers and rival publications might like to know about it as well. Not to mention, Craig's wife.

Brad sighs.

BRAD
What do you want?

LESTER
One year's salary, with benefits.

BRAD
That's not going to happen.

LESTER
Well, what do you say I throw in a little sexual harassment charge to boot?
Brad LAUGHS.

BRAD
Against who?

LESTER
Against you.

Brad stops laughing.

LESTER
Can you prove you didn't offer to save my job if I'd let you blow me?
Brad leans back in his chair, studying Lester.

BRAD Man. You are one twisted fuck.

LESTER (standing)
Nope. I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.

INT. OFFICE BUILDING - MOMENTS LATER
Exhilarated, Lester walks down a corridor, his belongings in a box on his shoulder. He's happier than he's been in years.

LESTER
Yeah!

Click here for "American Beauty" DVDs, Soundtracks and Books

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home