Movie Moments: Classic Movies, Classic Movie Scenes, Classic Movie Quotes, Classic Movie Images.
Welcome to Movie Moments, a site dedicated to movies, old and new. We take a look back at some of our favourite movie scenes and favourite quotes from great movies. It's not just about superb dialogue, although many of the scenes here are built on the finest words ever to enter a screenplay. It is also about what these scenes envisage, the setting, the time, the one choice phrase that defines a moment in film history. Each week we also review a top movie book. We have a huge range of movie posters for sale and we have FREE classic movie wallpapers for you to download to your your computer. Please contact us with any questions you have, or just to say hello.




The Jungle Book

Mowgli is a boy who has been raised by wolves in the Indian jungle. When the wolves hear that the fierce tiger, Shere Kahn, is nearby, they decide to send Mowgli to a local "man tribe". On his way to the village, Mowgli meets many animal characters in this musical tale. In this scene, Mowgli has run away from Baloo, the bear and meets up with Kaa, the serpent. In the middle of a hynosis session, Shere Kahn comes to call.

Movie Moments - The Jungle Book

Click here for "Jungle Book" DVDs, Soundtracks and Books

{fade to Mowgli walking aimlessly in the Jungle}

Kaa picks Mowgli from the ground and raises to the branch he is on

Mowgli:
Kaa, it's you!

Kaa:
Yesss, man-cub, so nice to see you again. sss-sss-sss.

Mowgli:
Oh, go away. Leave me alone.

Kaa: Let me look at you.

[Mowgli turns away from Kaa's eyes]

You don't want me to look at you? Then you look at me.

Mowgli: No sir. I know what you're trying to do, Kaa.

Kaa: You do? Uh, I mean, you don't trust me.

Mowgli: No!

Kaa: Then there's nothing I can do to help?

Mowgli: You want to help me?

Kaa: Ss-certainly. I can see to it that you never have to leave this jungle.

Mowgli: How could you do that?

Kaa: Hmm? Oh, I have my own ss-subtle little ways. But first, you must trust me.

Mowgli: I don't trust anyone anymore.

Kaa: I don't blame you. I'm not like those so-called fair-weather friends of yours. You can believe in me.

[Kaa finally gets to see into Mowgli's eyes long enough]

(singing) Trust in me
Just in me
Shut your eyes
And trust in me
Hold still, please
You can sleep
Safe and sound
Knowing I
Am around
Slip into silent slumber
Sail on a silver mist
Slowly and surely your senses
Will cease to resist

[Mowgli snores while standing on his head on the tip of Kaa's tail]
You're snoring.

Mowgli: Sorry.

Kaa: Trust in me
And just in me

[Shere Khan appears below and listens]

Shut your eyes
And trust in me

Shere Khan pulls Kaa by the tail, making a doorbell sound]

Kaa: Huh? Ow, now what? I'll be right down.
Yes? Yes? Who is it?

Shere Khan comes from behind the tree: It's me, Shere Khan
I'd like a word with you, if you don't mind.

Kaa: Shere Khan. What a ss-surprise.

Shere Khan: Yes, isn't it? I just dropped by, forgive me if I've interrupted anything.

Kaa: Oh no, nothing at all.

Shere Khan bares claws: I thought you were entertaining someone up there in your coils.

Kaa: Coils? Someone? Oh, I was just curling up for my siesta.

Shere Khan: But you were singing to someone.
[he grabs Kaa's neck]
Who is it, Kaa?

Kaa: Uh, who? Uh, no. Well I was just singing to myself.

Shere Khan: Indeed.

Kaa: Yes, yes, you see, I have trouble with my ss-sinuses.

Shere Khan: What a pity.

Kaa: Oh, you have no idea. It's ss-simply terrible. I can't eat, I can't ss-sleep, so I sing myself to sleep. You know, self-hypnosis. Let me show you how it works.

(sings) Trust in me.

[Kaa moves to Shere Khan's eyes, but he drops his paw over Kaa's head, moving it to the ground]
Mmm-fff!

Shere Khan: I can't be bothered with that. I have no time for that sort of nonsense.

Kaa (from under paw): Some other time, perhaps?

Shere Khan: Perhaps. But at the moment I am searching for a man-cub.

Kaa (released): Man-cub? What man-cub?

Shere Khan: The one who is lost. Now where do you suppose he could be?

Kaa shrugs: Search me.

Shere Khan: That's an excellent idea. I'm sure you wouldn't mind showing me your coils, would you, Kaa?

Kaa: Uh, ss-certainly not.
[puts down the end of his tail]
Nothing here
[shows his open mouth]
And nothing in here.

[Mowgli in the coils above snores. Shere Khan glances up and Kaa makes snorting sounds]

Kaa: My ss-sinuses.

Shere Khan: Hmm. Indeed. And now, how about the middle?

Kaa: The middle? Oh, the middle.
[He puts down his middle, leaving Mowgli in much less coils]

Kaa: Ha-ha, absolutely nothing in the middle.

Shere Khan: Hmmm. Really? Well, if you do just happen to see the man-cub, you will inform me first. Understand?

Kaa gulps: I get the point. Cross my heart, hope to die.

Shere Khan: Good show. And now I must continue my search for the helpless little lad.

[Shere Khan leaves]

Kaa: Ooh, who does he think he's fooling? "Helpless little lad"
Ooh, he gives me the shivers

[Kaa shivers, and completely looses grip on now awake Mowgli]
Picking on that poor little helpless boy... oh, yes, poor little
helpless boy.
[Mowgli pushes Kaa's coils off the branch and he falls down, hitting his head on some branches along the way - just like earlier.]

Kaa: Oooh!

Mowgli: You told me a lie, Kaa. You said I could trust you.

Kaa: It's like you said. You can't trust anyone!
[He lunges at Mowgli, but a knot on his tail stops him. Mowgli leaves]
If I never see that skinny little shrimp again, it will be too soon. Ooh.. my ss-sacroiliac.

Click here for "Jungle Book" DVDs, Soundtracks and Books

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home